Chris and Gus are best friends. They are also roommates at CSULB, and are even dating sisters!
Chris's brother is on staff with the Navigators at San Diego State. Despite that, Chris doesn't have much of a Christian background, and last semester when we started meeting together, he and I started at the very beginning. Even thought Chris has been faithfully coming to my freshman study (the Bereans), we have been moving fairly slowly. Chris likes to think things through thoroughly.
I didn't see too much of Gus last semester, but this semester, I began to hang out more in Chris's dorm, and Gus and I have had a few conversations. Gus is intrigued by spiritual things, and I think a little aware that something is going on in Chris's life.
Last Wednesday, Chris and I met in the afternoon to read the Bible together; this is our usual time.
Gus was also sitting there.
"Mind if I sit in?" he asked.
"No," I replied. And Chris and I talked about John 3, with Gus listening in.
Pray:
1. For the Spirit to bring the Word to life for Chris.
2. For Chris and Gus to be speaking about these things together.
3. For Gus to hear and respond in faith to the Gospel!