Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 10th, 2010

One of my favorite prayers for my guys is Isaiah 61:3:

They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting for the Lord,
for the display of his splendor


I love the imagery of the guys standing tall as oaks of righteousness, 10, 20, 50 years down the road. I want to build into these guys spiritual transformation that will last them the rest of their lives!

God is really moving in the Bereans this semester. It is exciting to see, but I have to say that it is "for the display of his splendor." The growth is so amazing that I can only stand back in awe of what God is doing. He may be working through me, but the things that are happening clearly show that it is God who gets the glory!

Here are some highlights:

--Jordan is reading the Bible with a Jewish friends and getting increasingly excited about evangelism.
--Cavin brought his suitemate to Navs last night...it is cool to see how much this non-Christian friend admires and looks up to Cavin.
--Andrew continues to lead a group of non-Christians in Bible study each week...several of them are close to coming to know God!
--Ben is moving in evangelism as well, with his friend Jacob

In addition, the guys are gelling as group, encouraging each other, helping each other out, and in general growing in their friendship...something I have been praying for since Fall of 2008!

Pray:

1. Praise God for his work amongst these guys!

2. Continue to pray for Cavin and his decisions.

3. Pray that the conference would be a place where God's word is spoken with power! (Cavin is bringing his brother Zach to it...pray that God would move in Zach's heart)

Thanks you so much for your prayers!