Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October 21st, 2009

I have been asked by our regional Navigator leader to lead a summer missions trip to Russia this coming summer. I am really excited about this opportunity, because Russia has been on my heart for a while now.

The trip will be similar to the trips I have been on for the past two summers. I will be leading a slightly smaller group of people, probably around 8 students and staff. I will be doing the recruiting and planning myself, but I will be working with the local staff in St. Petersburg to plan everything that happens in Russia.

Of course, the trip won't be leaving until mid-June, but I wanted to get a headstart praying on it, because even though it is exciting, it also scares me!

1. Pray that I can recruit the right students to this trip, and that God would be moving in the hearts of those that he wants to come.

2. Pray that I would have wisdom and foresight as I plan.

3. Pray for confidence, humility, and good leardership for me as I take on this exciting new task.