As I was walking home from campus on Monday, I started to feel a heaviness in my spirit. I had spent the afternoon preparing for a talk I was going to give the next day. As student after student walked by the Starbucks where I was working, I had started to feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of people at the school. How few of them had any notion of who God was! How few of them ever stopped to consider their condition before God! How few of them knew where acceptance with Him could be found!
The thoughts returned to me as I walked home, even stronger. So I started to pray. I knew that the hopelessness I was feeling was a lie. God is more powerful than the forces of evil on our campus! He reigns over Long Beach State. But I also knew that his heart breaks for the lost, those "sheep without a shepherd." I found myself crying as I prayed.
It was an emotional moment.
Would you pray for me?
1. Pray that God would open new doors for his gospel to go forth!
2. Pray that God would soften hearts and prepare them to hear the gospel.
3. Pray that he would make me and his other servants bold to proclaim the gospel.
I need your prayers. I alone cannot face the forces of evil on this campus. But in the power of God and the prayers of his saints, we can advance the Kingdom together!
I am so grateful for you!