Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April 22nd, 2009

Did you know that I am engaged in warfare?

Did you know that Satan is opposed to the work that God is doing on campus? Satan is crafty, and often he uses groups that claim Christ to steal the energies of young people. A classic example of this is a cult called the ICC.

One of the guys I have been working with has a lot of contact with this group...in fact, at one point they really helped him out with his understanding of the trustworthiness of the Word. But without spending much time discussing the errors of that church, they are very deficient in their understanding of the gospel.

I am speaking truth, and they are speaking lies. My friend is in the middle. The choice is between a dead and legalistic religion, separation from the wider Body of Christ, and ultimately leading to burn-out or pride.

Pray:

1. For protection for me and those I minister to from the enemy.

2. For my friend (you can call him James), that truth will win.

3. That God will exercise his power in James's life!