Another semester begins today!
As I said in my newsletter, I have been praying that this would be an important semester of spiritual growth for the guys I meet with. My desire is that they would "flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace." Would you pray that these guys would be pursuing God's heart, growing daily in intimacy with him?
I will (I promise!) be updating this blog every Wednesday. My plan is to give an update on a different guy each week with specific prayer requests.
Here is a prayer request for an event that I am helping to coordinate. I am hoping to bring all the campus ministries together for 24 hours of prayer...6 pm Friday until 6 pm Saturday. This event would be the kickoff for forty days of 24/7 prayer on campus. Is that not exciting?
1. Would you pray that God would give the ministries united hearts of prayer for our campus?
2. Would you pray that God would excite students from each ministry to help out with the project?
3. Would you pray that God would use this event to spark revival on our campus?
That last one is a big prayer, but I feel that God is poised to work in powerful ways on our campus. The University of Arizona needs your prayers!
Here is a prayer for me (taken from Ephesians)
"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel."