Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June 3rd, 2009

In one week, I will be leaving for Russia. I will be giving periodic updates from Russia here on this blog, including prayer requests.

I am really excited for the chance to go back to Russia this summer, follow-up with some of the students I worked with last year, and also help to co-lead the trip.

St. Petersburg is an amazing place, the Russians are a warm people, and the gospel is desperately needed there!

Would you be praying the following for our trip?

1. That God would protect us from opposition, lost luggage, spiritual warfare, etc. We will need lots of prayer for protection on this trip!

2. That we would be careful to refresh ourselves daily in the Word and prayer. This was something that suffered last time, to the detriment of the trip.

3. For open hearts for the gospel. God alone can give eyes to see the glory of God in the face of Christ. Would your pray from Ephesians 1...

I pray also that the eyes of your hearts may be opened in order that you may see the hope to which he has called you...