Wednesday, August 29, 2007

August 29th

Praises:

1. God seems to have given a large freshmen class of guys, something we had been praying for all summer!

2. We had our first NavNight on Friday, attended by over 100 people. I had to think of my first NavNight three years ago, right after I transferred to Arizona. That year, we had about 20 people at the first NavNight. God has blessed our ministry through growth, but has allowed to retain a real community feel.

3. My first Bible study was Monday night, attended by six guys. All of us were cramped into a tiny dormroom. All the guys seemed excited and eager to grow!

Requests:

1. For retention of the guys that we have. Pray that they will get plugged in with the older students and with each other.

2. That the freshmen class as a whole will bond together.

3. Tomorrow night (Aug. 30th) I will be hanging with a sophomore kid who might be interested in putting together a non-Christian Bible study for this semester.

4. Pray for wisdom in the way I invest my time. I am still new to this, and trying to figure out how best to use the time I have!